Basilica of Sant’Eustorgio
This holy place is a container of ancient history. Founded in the 4th century, to protect the huge grave with the Three Kings bones, this basilica was for many years an important stopover for pilgrims on their journey to Rome or to the Holy Land. It was later rebuilt in Romanesque style. In the 12th century, when Milan was ransacked by Frederick Barbarossa, the relics of the Three Kings were taken to Cologne in Germany. In 1764, when an ancient pillar was removed, a Christian burial was discovered, housing coins of emperor Constans, the son of Constantine the Great.
Museo Diocesano (Diocesan Museum)
A permanent collection of sacred artworks, especially from Milan and Lombardy, conceived to protect and promote the art collection of the Archdiocese of Milan. Built in the former headquarters and near the cloister of the Dominican Order at the back of the Basilica is an ancient place of spirituality, art and history as a favorable environment for beauty education.
Behind the apse, built from 1462 to 1468, this chapel is one of the most celebrated examples of Renaissance art in Lombardy.
- Entrance ticket to the early Christian necropolis, the Portinari Chapel and the Diocesan Museum
- Microphone system* for a better use of the visit
- Guided tour conducted by a guide with regular professional licence.
* please note: the miking system will be guaranteed to reach 15 participants per group.
What’s not included
- Transport to reach the meeting point
- Food and beverage unless otherwise specified
- Tips (optional)
- Personal Extras
DeparturePiazza Sant'Eustorgio, Basilica di Sant'Eustorgio - Milano
Meeting 15 minutes before the start of the guided tour in front of the "Basilica di Sant'Eustorgio"