Milan’s finest cemetery is an authentic open-air museum which stretches over an area of 250,000 square meters. The structure that dominates the entrance recalls a Gothic cathedral, but in fact it dates back to 1860 and reflects the eclectic architectural style of the time.
The elaborate family tombs, erected in a beautiful garden, represent an open-air gallery of late 19th and 20th century sculpture, witnessing the passage of various artistic phases. It is also a window on the history of the city and on the forms of self-representation adopted by its inhabitants. To be buried in the Cimitero Monumentale was proof of economic stability and social status.
Some of the family names engraved on the tombs are well known world-wide: Campari, Toscanini, Verdi, Ponchielli, Hayez, Bocconi, Segantini ….
- 2-hour guided tour conducted by a guide with regular professional licence.
- Miking system for a better use of the visit *
* The miking system is guaranteed to reach 20 participants.
What’s not included
- Transport to reach the meeting point
- Food and beverage unless otherwise specified
- Tips (optional)
- Personal Extras
DeparturePiazzale Cimitero Monumentale, Milano
Meeting 15 minutes before the start of the visit in front of the entrance gate of the Monumental Cemetery