Milan and Alessandro Manzoni (3 days)
“That branch of the Lake of Como, which extends towards the south …”. This is the incipit of Alessandro Manzoni masterpiece “the Betrothed” which will lead you in this journey at the discovery of some places of Milanese history in XVII century, without ignoring the evolution of the city in fashion and design.
TOUR PRICE PER PERSON STARTING FROM:
€ 340 with minimum 25 persons
€ 315 with minimum 30 persons
€ 60 single supplement
Day 1 Milan
Included meals: dinner
You are going to meet the guide at Malpensa airport. The driver is going to help you loading your luggage onto the private bus and you will start the sightseeing tour covering some distances by bus and some by walk discovering the city as we can read in “the Betrothed” from Loreto square to Duomo square. You will visit the Cathedral and then walk through Vittorio Emanuele gallery arriving at Alla Scala square where is the famous theatre and the Marino Palace, the seat of the municipality. You will continue to Morone Street where is located the Manzoni house. Here you will have some free time for lunch and for visiting the House or the nearby Poldi and Pezzoli Museum. Finally, you will be transferred to the hotel, check-in, have dinner and overnight.
Day 2 Monza
Included meals: breakfast, dinner
After a breakfast in the hotel, you will leave for Monza. There, you will meet the guide and have a city tour passing by the Cathedral, the Arengario and walking through the ancient part of the city close to the river Lambro, arriving at the Monastery of the “Nun of Monza”. Free time for lunch is planned. In the afternoon you will leave for Lecco to discover the places of Manzoni and the Betrothed with the guide. Finally, you will go back to Milan and have dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 3 Milan
Included meals: breakfast
You are going to have a breakfast in the hotel, meet with the guide and have a city tour passing by Sforza Castle, the Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore, a XVI century church and ex monastery with magnificent frescos and biblical artworks, the Basilica of Saint Ambrose, the Basilica of San Lorenzo Maggiore, the Basilica of Sant’Eustorgio and the Navigli district. You will have afternoon time free for lunch and leisure and then you will be transferred to the airport for departure.
Note: The itinerary could change due to organizational reasons. Visits will be respected or substituted with others with the same value, if necessary.
- Accommodation in double occupancy with private bath or shower
- Meals: dinner and breakfast as indicated in itinerary
- Sightseeing and transfers with private deluxe coach during the stay
- Guide: professional English-speaking local guide
- Wireless head-phones
- Taxes: all taxes charged by local government on services which are part of the land program are included except those imposed by airports or accommodation which are subject to change
- Not refundable administration fee
What’s not included
- Transport to/from Milan
- Any meals and beverages not specified in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, excess baggage charges, travel insurance and travel documentation.
- Any local accommodation charges which must be paid locally
- Tips to coach driver, guide and local guides will be collected by the tour escort from each participant
- Any other items not indicated as included on the itinerary
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/lombardiacristiana.it/public_html/wp-content/themes/dt-the7-child/content-single-experience.php on line 348